This time of year seems to drain our bank accounts. First, in November, we have Nate's birthday. Then, December 20 is my sister's birthday. Then Christmas. Then December 29 is my birthday. Then January 4 is Landon's birthday. This is the first year we have really felt the full effect of it all, but even still, its a blast. First, we celebrated Jennifer's birthday with our family. We hung out most of the day, then that night my parents, Nate, Landon, myself, Jennifer and her friend Taylor all went to Outback for dinner. Mmmm... delicious! Then, after dinner we came home and had some cookie cake (my favorite!) and we went out to see the lunar eclipse! Another one of Jenn's friends, Lauren, joined us. We drove out to find a quiet spot in the neighborhood and we all layed in the back of Nate's truck, bundled up of course, and watched the eclipse. It was very cool and I'm suprised we made it to see the whole thing without getting too cold and going home!
My lovely Parents
Jennifer and I at dinner
Nathan giving Landon a knife...?
Me, Jenn, and Taylor :)
Landon got to have a whipped cream mustache, courtesy of his dad.
Jenn and Landon
Jenn and Taylor trying to stay warm in the bed of the truck
The day after Christmas, we celebrated Landon's birthday with Nate's family, since his sisters all had to go home and won't be able to make another trip out for his actual birthday. He got more presents, which of course he loved. And he got his first official taste of cake and milk! He was such a cutie digging into his little cupcake. And of course, right when he finished, we tossed him in the sink for a quick bath because he was such a mess!
Baby Cousins!
My Birthday Boy! Waiting for his cupcake.
Not a fan of the party hat.
What is that...?
Oh. I think this might be good...
Yep. Definitely delicious.
Someone is a happy boy!
Into the sink!
My birthday, well, lets just say it was uneventful. Nate and I went out on Tuesday night at midnight with my brother, my best friend Greg, and our friend James, to have a few drinks. Then we got to sleep in on Wednesday, and we went shopping. Nate bought me a dress to wear when we went out that night. We came home and got cleaned up while Landon napped. Then we went to Joe's Crab Shack to eat with my family. They sang to me and made me stand on a chair and do the hula while they sang. Yes, there are pictures. No, you will not see them. Haha my mom has them on her iPad, so I will have to steal them from her later. After dinner, we were soooo full that we ended up staying home and not even going out. A bit of a bummer, but I had a good day nonetheless.
A few days later was New Years Eve. We went out that evening to Dave and Buster's with Jon, Natalie, James, and Timmy. We had a blast sitting there and people watching all evening. Man, the people you see sometimes! It was quite and interesting night, but it was very relaxing and much needed time with friends. Unfortunately, I have no pictures from that night either. I know, I'm becoming terrible at this picture thing. I told Nathan that if I had a nice DSLR camera, we wouldn't have to pay for pictures anymore and I'd have better ones, so (fingers crossed) maybe 2011 will hold a new camera for me. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment